This code presents ideas for a initial review that determines the "design foundation code" that's, if the construction should be repaired in response to the ACI 318 model utilized in the unique layout, or if the fix must agree to the present ACI 318. The code offers ideas for opting for power of in-situ fabric, acting structural research, designing upkeep for power and sturdiness, standards for balance and shoring of building, and inspection and checking out of upkeep. statement offers program assistance in addition to references for additional info.
Read or Download ACI 562M-13: Code Requirements for Evaluation, Repair, and Rehabilitation of Concrete Buildings and Commentary (Metric) PDF
Similar buildings books
In line with a lifelong expert and private curiosity, conventional structures offers a distinct survey of vernacular structure around the globe. The reader is taken on a desirable journey of conventional construction all over the world, together with the loess cave houses of valuable China, the stilt homes at the beaches of Dahomey, the housebarns of Europe and North the USA, the wind towers of Iran, the Bohio homes of the Arawak indians of the Caribbean, and masses extra.
Based on traditional knowledge, development a eco-friendly house is a pricey activity. the normal procedure treats eco-friendly as an add-on, tacking "premium" items, finishes, and gear onto a standard domestic layout. hence, many eco-friendly domestic initiatives prove over price range or fail to accomplish their environmental and function objectives.
The Tempietto, the embodiment of the Renaissance mastery of classical structure and its Christian reinvention, was once additionally the preeminent fee of the Catholic kings, Ferdinand of Aragon and Isabel of Castile, in papal Rome. This groundbreaking e-book situates Bramante's well-known memorial devoted to Saint Peter and the origins of the Roman Catholic Church on the middle of a coordinated application of the humanities exalting Spain's management within the quest for Christian hegemony.
- The Mosque and the Modern World: Architects, Patrons and Designs Since the 1950s
- Churches of Nova Scotia
- smog studio: LOFT P: Tracing the Architecture of the Loft.
- Sacred Buildings (Design Manuals)
- Zaha Hadid: BMW Central Building: Source Books in Architecture 7
- Domesticity and Consumer Culture in Iran: Interior Revolutions of the Modern Era (Iranian Studies)
Additional info for ACI 562M-13: Code Requirements for Evaluation, Repair, and Rehabilitation of Concrete Buildings and Commentary (Metric)
4. 2 Design shall consider the location and detailing of the existing reinforcement in accordance with the evaluation of Chapter 6. 2C The location and detailing includes the horizontal and vertical positions, orientation, geometry of the reinforcement, development of reinforcement, and the presence of hooks and crossties. Field examination to locate existing reinforcement may be required. 3 Both existing and new reinforcement shall be adequately developed. Development length shall be permitted to be calculated based upon development in both the existing concrete and new materials.
3 The method of analysis shall consider the structural configuration and material properties after repair. 3C Procedures for seismic rehabilitation of concrete buildings, including analysis, are provided in ASCE/SEI 41 and supplemented in ACI 369R. These references provide details for forces, rehabilitation methods, analysis and modeling procedures, and seismic rehabilitation design. 1C The licensed design professional may lack information required to determine the strength of deteriorated or repaired structural members.
1 The design of repairs shall consider the effects of cracks on the expected durability, performance, and design service life of the repair. 1C Protection of repaired concrete may be as vital as the repair itself. Consideration should be given to post-repair cracking and the need for protection of the existing concrete and repair material from the ingress of deleterious materials. 1R provides guidance for the prevention and control of cracks. Cracks in concrete structures may impact the long-term performance of the structure.